Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Sauna Sunday November 6 Updated

Let us know if you are attending by either editing this post or simply leaving a comment below. Shez is coming. Sam is coming. Keith & Helena say they can't make it. Rastas is going to be tardy and prolly not able to make it at all.. Primrose Goddess will be there in all her glory.

From Suzanna: I will do a soup. Primrose G. is doing salad. PS. Guinea pigs have arrived are very cute!

From Sam : The quails arrived today and are safely stowed in my freezer for the weekend. So quails in rose-petal sauce is on the menu for this Sunday. I have even found my copy of the recipe again. Fabulous!

Quails are rather small and I have kept it to just 12, so we will need some accompanying dishes as well. A green salad would obviously match it well if anyone is prepared to make one. Some crusty bread perhaps? Maybe a soup for starters?

Baggage, I only need 10 roses for the recipe as written - 9 ground to a paste with the chestnuts, and one for garnish.

Keith says: Although I quail at the idea of pecking at nested dishes in such poultry proportions, I could be egged on with flight of fancy to feather my expectations and enjoy such a meal. There is a grain of truth in that, and the yolk’s on me, no doubt. And yolking aside, it sounds lovely, will be missing it but thinking of y’all.

AND BRING YOUR INSTRUMENTS!



Tags:

No comments: